Dots and Shapes
Download from Google Play
Dots and Shapes
Dots and Shapes is a computer/table/phone variant of the pencil-and-paper game Dots and Boxes. It can be played on an original square grid, or on triangle or hexagon grids.
The game starts with an empty grid of dots. The players take turns adding a single horizontal or vertical line between two unjoined adjacent dots.
A player who completes the last side of a 1×1 box earns one point and takes another turn. The game ends when no more lines can be placed. The winner is the player with the most points.
See the game listed on the Hidden Gems page: https://gameskeys.net/hidden-gems-games-you-may-have-missed/
Game configuration options:
- Game Board Shape: Square, Triangle or Hexagon
Game Board Setup:
- Empty board - players start on an empty board
- Random lines - several randomly chosen lines are placed on the board
- Outer lines - the outer lines ar eplaced on the board (sometimes called Swedish board). Additionally, on a triangle board, the corner triangles are filled, otherwise the first player will have unfair advantage
- Game Board Size: Small (5x5), Medium (7x7) or Large (9x9)
- Number of Players: 1 player (just for experimenting), 2, 3 or 4 players
- Player Setup: Each player's name, color and icon can be changed. Also each player can be controlled by a human or by the device.
- Version 1.18 (Android) / 1.1.8 (Windows)
Added Setting page with option to select Light or Dark theme.
- Version 1.16 (Android) / 1.1.7 (Windows)
The color selection page has option to show the colors grouped.
Fixed crashes when opening the color or icon selection pages.
- Version 1.15 (Android) / 1.1.6 (Windows)
The last placed lines are highlighted.
The color selection page has the colors grouped.
- Version 1.14 (Android) / Version 1.1.5 (Windows)
Added command to reset game board setup.
- Version 1.13 (Android) / Version 1.1.4 (Windows)
Added initial game setups - random lines or outer lines.